Please send all questions and comments regarding the executive council to firstname.lastname@example.org using Subject Line: Executive Council
Executive powers of the GPSS are vested in GPSS Executive Council, headed by an Executive Board comprised of Officers elected by the Senate. Executive powers are granted by the will of the elected General Assembly of Delegates, who, as the legislative branch of GPSS, represent the will of all GPSS members.
The Executive Council is comprised of:
- All voting members of the Executive Board, with the President of the GPSS acting as Chair;
- The Graduate Student Representative to the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors;
- The Chairpersons of all Standing Committees of the Assembly;
- The Chairpersons of all active Special Committees of the Assembly;
- The Chairpersons of all Executive Programming Committees;
- Additional GPSS members as appointed by the Executive Board.
The Executive Council may regularly invite guests to its proceedings to serve in advisory roles, including but not limited to staff support as provided by the University.
2021-22 Elected Officers of the GPSS Executive Board
President | Jack Leff
Vice President | Alice Fox
Director of Programs | Micki Palmersheim
Director of Finance | Anusha Prasad
Director of Communications | Amanda Burroughs
Director of Events | Emily Burns